New Hope For Kids Volunteers
Hope, Healing and Renewal. These words describe the goal New Hope for Kids strives to meet for the families who look to us for help.
With this mission in mind, we look to you for help. We cannot exist without our amazing family of over 200 volunteers.
The Central Florida community is our home, and it is a privilege to give of our time, energy and talents for those in need. Will you help?
For more information or to volunteer your time, please contact the volunteer coodinator at 407-599-0909 x26.
Grief Facilitators: Work with children support groups at the Center for Grieving Children
Wish Granting: Teams take a child’s wish from its inception and secure donations, assist with granting the wish and become a part of the “Wish” family’s lives through personal contact and monthly family activities.
- Facilitators encourage the expression of grief through grief-appropriate play and other activities such as arts, interactive play and painting
- Facilitators learn a helping model based on a peer support approach
- A 25 hour training program is required in order to work directly with the children
- Facilitators are asked to commit to this effort for a one-year period
- A Volunteer’s assigned group meets twice a month from 5pm - 8pm
- Training Course fee: $35.00
- Spanish-speaking grief facilitators are always needed
Office Support: Help is needed Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm with the following projects:
- Do research by phone and/or internet. This entails searching for best prices or accommodations, site-seeing tours, celebrity contacts, etc.
- Accompany the Wish Program Director on home visits, wish celebrations and special events.
- Send birthday cards to the “Wish” kids.
- Arrange wish celebrations (i.e. location, refreshments, special effects, etc.)
Grief Center Assistant:
- Typing, filing and mail-outs
- Volunteer record keeping and computer entry
- Receptionist at Center for Grieving Children
Special Family Events:
- Help with art and craft projects, decorate for seasonal or special events, organize play rooms
- Assist with gardening, pruning, planting cleaning outside furniture
- Do simply plumbing/electrical repairs, painting or other general maintenance projects
- Host, secure donations, decorate and greet guests for family events
- Chair or be a part of the committee to plan monthly activities for New Hope for Kids families
- Help provide refreshments for many family events held at the Grief Center
- Assist in set up, registration, silent auctions and other facets of fundraising events
- Chair or be a part of the committee to plan fundraising events
- Staff booths at events and health fairs
- Become a part of the Speaker’s Bureau to represent New Hope for Kids at various speaking engagements